Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Peplum, The Trend That Isn't Fading


Well Hello World! 
It feels like 24 hours ain't cutting it anymore. I need at least 6 extra hours in a day. Can that be arranged? Is anyone else feeling this way? It's assessment and progress report time at work and I am pooped. I had zero time to write and for some reason my scheduled posts didn't go up. Tech is so not one of my strong points. My twins also had a birthday on the 6th so yeah, life was busy last week. But I'm here and it's always nice to see you back. And hey, it may not be a bad idea to post on Mondays from now on.

Today's post will probably be the briefest I've written for obvious reasons. But its a peplum dress designed by and sent to me from my friend Dwight of Vindictive whose designs I've styled hereherehere and here to mention a few. Speaking of peplum, don't we all love this non fading trend? Oh c'mon, you know you love it! 

With all the hemline options from minis and high lows to midis and maxis, I like to say midis are my favorite and another reason I fell in love with this semi sheer dress. I don't know about you but any thing peplum sure gives me life. It's always love at first sight. When placed on the waist just like in this dress, it gives an illusion of a narrow waist. Hallelujah to that! 

Did you know peplum has been around since the 1850s when they made their debut on corset tops, skirts and jackets too? The standout detail of an otherwise simple piece of clothing, I say this resurgent trend has stood the test of time and is definitely here to stay. 

And how is Fall coming along where you live? Even though these pictures were taken indoors in my home, the weather is still somewhat mild. But I'm excited for long rainy nights in the near future.

Your thoughts?


Deets
Dress - Vindictive By Dwight Anthony
Heels - Miu Miu
Bag - Bebe


Thanks for stopping by, keep thinking the purple thoughts, xx.


post signature

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar