Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Week 441: Script Obession

Weekly Written Review 

I've written about the creative process before. It's ugly. The process is different for everyone but in general, it's not a pretty sight. I started editing video around 2000-ish. I began editing professionally a few years later. I rarely enjoyed the early drafts of editing. Organizing the footage and separating the good clips from the not needed clips. It sucks. Eventually, once I get past the beginning phases, editing actually becomes fun. Adding music and a cool intro makes the whole process completely worth it. I'm experiencing a similar turn of events with my script. On February 2nd I started my reread and finished this week. A few days later, I started the reread once again. In my second attempt to read my now 134-page script, I discovered so much more. I thought all the grammatical errors where gone, I was wrong. I found many more errors. Plus, I'm still getting more ideas. I'm now obsessed with my script. Never in a 1000-years did I ever think I would become obsessed with a document this long. Now I know it's possible and I'm enjoying it. I'm now enjoying it because the ugly part is far behind me. My initial write added the bones. The past few years I added some meat. Now I'm dressing this script up with some nicing looking clothes.


Sunday, February 24, 2019

* Script re-reading completed with my new opening scene. I believe I started on February 2nd.

* Fitness Boxing...

* I think started watching Netflix's Trollhunters day. It's really good. I love it.


Monday, February 25, 2019

* Movie Monday: Batman: Bad Blood

* Created a TMMS reunion system

* Fitness Boxing...

* Less than 24 hours after I completed my script read the weather got better. The sun came out and new opportunities came my way.


Tuesday, February 26, 2019

* Basketball...I lost an Avocado on the way back :-(


Wednesday, February 27, 2019

* Smart & Final pick up. I got $10.00 cash back and the cashier gave me $20.00. I immediately brought it to her attention. I could've been $10.00 dollars richer but I'm proud of what I did.

* Another script read initiated. I completed my script re-read/re-write on Monday and I'm still pumped. I started again. Little did I know I would discover and new ideas. I'm obsessed.

* I started adding new information to my script's synopsis. It was good before but now it's even better. I wish had those updates before, hence past submissions. 


Thursday, February 28, 2019

* Basketball...

* Script synopsis work...

* Watching Castle Rock...

* My landlady gave me two large Avocados for helping the other day. Yeah!


Friday, March 1, 2019

* 99 Cents Store pick ups...

* Ross...I purchased a back support cushion for my chair for when I'm writing. Body investments baby.

* Tonight I put in several hours of writing on my script and when I attempted to back it up I copied over the old version on my updated version. In an attempt to fix this, I lost everything. I mean everything. Both versions disappeared. It was terrible. I have a backup on an external hard drive but it's very old and doesn't include any 2019 updates. I was in panic mode. I didn't know what to do. I was looking into restoring my computer but it didn't look promising. Finally, I Youtubed how to restore Final Draft file. The voice in the video taught me something I never knew excited. I've been using Final Draft for years I never knew it automatically backs up your scripts. I would've been in serious trouble without this solution. God bless Final Draft. Thank the lord the whole ordeal didn't last very long and I didn't lose any sleep over it.  Before this mishap, I had a good time writing. I even recovered myself and I found a fun song to play with, "Taking It To The Streets."


Saturday, March 2, 2019

* I put in over for hours of writing on my script today. 12pm - 4:11pm without any food. That's a typical day of writing. Later in the day, I put more time in writing.

* Netflix...

* Fitness Boxing...


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar